Simple way to learn Mechanical Ventilation: Training Program for Anaesthesiologists, Intensivists and Pulmonologists
Respiratory problems are common in the emergency department and on the general and specialist wards. The family and relatives are under too much of physical and emotional stress for helping their patient to be comfortable.
The need for advanced respiratory support represents the most common reason for admission to intensive care. An understanding of the approach to patients with respiratory failure and of the principles of non-invasive and invasive respiratory support is thus essential for healthcare professionals, whether nurses, physiotherapists, or doctors.
This course is designed to bridge that gap in using the respirators most efficiently. The course is designed in a way of telling you ‘most of what you need to know’– in a simple and understandable format along with scenario-based practical demonstrations and interactive sessions with actual ventilators. It is important for healthcare providers to understand the proper care of the patient on Mechanical Ventilation.
We, at Berkeley HealthEDU in association with Draeger India, present to you – Basics of Mechanical Ventilation Training Program.
This 2-day program will focus on:
1. Basics of mechanical ventilation including curves and loops
2. Standard and advanced modes of ventilation
3. Troubleshooting and hands on ventilation
4. Initiation of ventilation and weaning process
Who should attend:
1. Junior doctor and Resident medical officers
2. ICU managers
3. Emergency Physicians
- Supriya Pattnayak (Trainer)– Supriya is a Biomedical Engineer with 7 years’ experience of which 4 years has been as a clinical specialist in ventilation. She has worked and handled different models of ventilators.
Currently and is currently working with Draeger as a Clinical Specialist.
- Gordon Kharmalki (Trainer)- Gordon is Masters in Respiratory Therapy with Clinical experience of more than 3 years in various hospitals. He has been working with Draeger for past 6 years as a Product Specialist with responsibilities across India and Indian Peninsula countries.
- K.V.Ramesh (Course Director)- Ramesh heads the Draeger training academy in India. He is a seasoned professional with over 13 years of experience in the field of respiratory devices. He has been involved in client training and hand holding on ventilators and other respiratory devices across India & Asia Pacific. Ramesh specialises in the technical aspects of the ventilation devices including ventilator settings for various clinical conditions, trouble shooting of equipment and weaning process.
- Vipin Peter Charan (Trainer)- Vipin has worked in areas of Clinical Nursing and Nursing education. In his last 3 years he has worked in both clinical & education/training fields. He worked as an ICU preceptor with Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, and as Nurse Educator at Delhi Heart & Lung Institute, where he played an integral role for successful completion of the NABH accreditation for the hospital before joining Berkeley Health EDU. He specializes in writing clinical content and has keen interest in research.
For more information on the program write to us on email@example.com or call us on 9958057390.